Dauphin Recreation Services is hiring!
Receptionist, Casual, Part-Time Position, $15.69/Hour
Dauphin Recreation Services is seeking friendly, helpful and energetic individuals who can be available on short-notice to run the till at our Front Desk, evenings and weekends.
Applicants must be computer literate and be willing to learn. Duties will include checking COVID vaccination status, answering the telephone, collecting fees and general office tasks.
Maintenance 1, Full-Time Position, $17.25/Hour
Dauphin Recreation Services is looking for a motivated and energetic individual to perform a wide variety of maintenance duties in order to provide a clean, orderly, and safe environment. The successful candidate must be willing and capable to perform custodial duties to include overall building and grounds maintenance and minor repair functions. The work will also include lawn care, snow removal, moving chairs and tables, assisting with the cleaning and maintenance of ice surfaces and other duties as required.
This position requires a Level 1 Refrigeration Course, or the successful candidate must be enrolled in the above course within 1 year of employment.
Applicants possessing a Power Engineer Refrigeration Class certificate are eligible for a substantially higher rate of pay.
A valid Driver’s License is required. Applicants require clean Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry checks.
DAUPHIN RECREATION SERVICES
BOX 195, DAUPHIN, MB R7N 2V1
ATTENTION: Manager of Finance & HR
The full job description can be found below:
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Level 1
REPORTS TO: Facilities Operations Manager
SUMMARY: The Dauphin Recreation Services mission “. To encourage improved quality of life for all people in the City and Rural Municipality of Dauphin through recreation opportunities” is reflected by a “user first” approach in operations and a benefits-based approach in service and program delivery. To achieve this high standard of customer/user service the Maintenance Worker (I) will possess a combination of mechanical aptitude and ability and be responsible for operation, maintenance and repair of facilities, open spaces and equipment.
- To ensure quality customer/user service through the promotion of a “benefits based” recreation service delivery model.
- The achievement of operational objectives with a focus on quality customer service.
- Ice-making and ice maintenance duties including ice surfaces at Credit Union Place, Rotary Arena, DCT Outdoor Rink and other outdoor rinks operated by the Dauphin Recreation Services. (Ice-making may include: preparing the ice floor or ground surfaces for the installation of ice, placing all necessary markings, decals and lines, flooding of rink surfaces and painting ice. Ice maintenance may include: flooding ice surfaces and operation of ice resurfacing equipment including snow blower.)
- Assist in repairs and upgrading to all parks and public open spaces administered by the Dauphin Recreation Services, which may include: maintaining trees and boulevards, grass cutting, snow removal and weed control.
- Maintain, operate and service equipment which may include: grass mowers, gas powered string weed cutting machines, ice resurfacing machines, tractors, small engines and pumps.
- Maintain, repair and service all doors, windows, lights, plumbing fixtures, signs, gates, fences and any other building fixtures incidental to the interior and exterior of any facility managed by the Dauphin Recreation Services.
- Attend to janitorial duties of facilities which may include: sweeping and washing floors, cleaning washrooms and change rooms, sweeping seating areas, spray-washing cement floors.
- Provide building security by ensuring that all doors to rooms are locked when not in use and when leaving premises.
- Promote good public relations with other Dauphin Recreation Services staff members and the general public.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the Dauphin Recreation Services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license; Class 5A not required, but an asset.
- Internal training: Deck mower operation/maintenance; Chain saw operation/maintenance; Skid steer operator’s certificate; CPR/First Aid/WHMIS/Zamboni operation and maintenance
Must begin at least one of the following courses in first year of employment for certification (as per specific department)
- Facilities – Level 1 Refrigeration Certificate (900 hours)
- Parks – Pesticide Applicator’s License
Certification Pay: Staff will receive 50 cents per hour increase in paid wages for each applicable certificate, upon verification for the Employer that they have obtained certification in the following courses in Maintenance I:
- Level 2 Refrigeration Certificate (1800 hours) – Facilities
- Level 1 Pool Operator’s Certificate – Parks or Facilities
- Curling Ice Maintenance Certificate - Facilities
An employee who has the required course and an optional course (as per their department), and one (1) year of experience in the position will be moved into a Maintenance II classification upon verification of the requirements.
- Preferred valid CPR and First Aid Certificate, but willing to train the successful candidate.
- Will be required to work shifts and evenings.
- Consent for disclosure of Criminal Record Information and Provincial Child Abuse Registry Access Application.