Dauphin Recreation Services has added another winter activity at Vermillion Park, OUTDOOR CURLING!
Vermillion Park has become Dauphin's Winter Wonderland destination.
Winter activities at Vermillion Park include:
Skating Trails (along Vermillion River/Dead River)
- Getting on to the river can be tricky. We recommend entering from the trail, where there is a bench to sit and put your skates on.
- We rent out skates at the Parkland Recreation Complex, if you need.
- The play structure located at Vermillion Park is great for all ages, check it out!
- Please remember to social distance.
- Out Outdoor Crew maintains the 2km trails all winter long!
- Snowshoe, walk, hike, walk the dog, etc.
- The trail is lit too!
- We rent out snowshoes at the Parkland Rec Complex. Call 204-622-3150.
- There are a few sledding hills located at Vermillion Park.
- The steepest one is by the washrooms. The kids will have so much fun!
Outdoor Curling (NEW!)
- The newest winter activity at Vermillion Park is Outdoor Curling, located at the campsites at Vermillion Park.
- There are two sheets to use.
- Rocks are located between the sheets, in the wooden box.
- Please social distance.