Vermillion Park Campground will be CLOSED as of Monday, September 21st.
Reservations are available here: https://dauphinrec.maxgalaxycanada.net/Campground.aspx or by calling the Vermillion Park Campground at 204-622-3125
Vermillion Park Campground will be following the provincial government guidelines which can be found at https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/restoring/phase-three.html and are listed below.
Anyone entering Manitoba from western Canadian jurisdictions (British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan, and the Yukon, Northwest and Nunavut territories) and Northwestern Ontario (west of Terrace Bay) are allowed to travel directly to parks, campgrounds, cabins, lodges and resorts.
Travellers are to follow the same guidelines in place for Manitobans travelling to these sites, including:
- Do not travel if you or any of your family members require medical care or have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing). If you have any symptoms, use the screening tool before you travel to see if you need to be tested.
- If you or anyone with you begins to feel ill or experiences COVID-19 symptoms, return home immediately.
- Do not use local health providers, unless it is an emergency.
- In the event of a medical emergency requiring evacuation, be sure you can contact local authorities. Emergency contact information varies by region. Ensure you collect and take this information with you before you leave home.
- Bring required prescription drugs and medical supplies.
Anyone travelling to northern Manitoba must continue to respect any restrictions that have been put in place by local communities and First Nations.
Vermillion Park Campground offers a haven for campers! With a quick drive in every direction leading to a memorable outdoor adventure, this campground is one of the best kept secrets for RVer’s enroute to Churchill or the Riding Mountains. With upgraded campground facilities, including new showers and a new covered picnic area, and a pristine natural setting are all just a short walk away from any amenities you may seek on your travels. A dumping station can now be found on site. If you are one of the festival-goers, shuttle service is available from Vermillion Park right to the festival site. Vermillion Park is also a short walk to great downtown shopping, the historic Fort Dauphin Museum, and the Watson Art Centre which hosts programming and entertainment year-round!
The Vermillion Park Campground is the main green space within our parks system and is located on 214 2nd Avenue N.W. (2 blocks west of Main Street). Vermillion Park Campground provides a beautiful setting for family picnics, weddings, reunions or a quiet day of relaxing. And, in the winter months, it’s a great place to come snowshoeing or for a ski!
Pricing – 2020 Season
17 Full Service Campsite: $35.00/night
25 Water & Electrical: $25.00/night
36 Electrical Service: $20.00/night
No Service: $15.00/night
Fire-pit rentals: $10.00/stay - unfortunately, we do not have enough fire pits for each campsite, therefore you have to rent one if you want one at your site. To rent one, please call 204-622-3150 or 204-648-3154.
- Washrooms will be open, daily, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Washrooms have frequent sanitization and a regime for business sanitization is in place
- Wear water shoes or sandals while using shower facilities; and not use local health providers, unless it is an emergency.
- If you require a fire pit, for your site, please call (204) 622-2125.
- RV and tent camping in the heart of the community
- Camping: 17 full service sites, 40 water and power, 20 electrical only sites and 114 un-serviced sites
- 30 Amp and 50 Amp service available
- Water available on site
- RV dump station
- 1 main washroom facility located within the park with male / female shower facilities
- Parking lot
- Picnic tables and fire pits
- Covered picnic area
- 2 km lighted walking trail (year round)
- The oxbow in the park is known as the “Dead River” and is home to lots of wildlife such as ducks, turtles, frogs as well as squirrels and numerous species of birds.
- Pets welcome (dogs must be leashed at all times and owners must clean up after their pets)
Reservation & Cancellation Policy:
- Payment: 100% upfront at moment of reservation
- Reservations and payments can be made online at http://dauphinrec.maxgalaxycanada.net/Campground.aspx or made by calling (204) 622-3150 and payment can be made by Visa or MasterCard over the phone. You can also visit us in person, at the Parkland Recreation Complex - 200 1st St. S.E. in Dauphin and payment can be cash, debit, Visa or MasterCard
- If you arrive after hours (after 9:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, or after 5:00 p.m. on weekends), please use the honour system and pay the next day by calling the phone number above or come in and see us at the PRC.
- No sites will be reserved without full payment
- If you need to cancel your reservation, please call the Parkland Recreation Complex, Front Desk at 204-622-3150. If no one answers, please leave a message.
- To receive a full refund for your camping fees (minus a $10 administration fee), cancellations must be made more than 48 hours of the originally scheduled arrival date.
- Check-in time is 4:00 p.m.
- Check-out time is 2:00 p.m.